Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Welcome to 3rd Tri!

Welcome to Mrs. Donnelly's Third Trimester World History!

For those of you I met last trimester, welcome back!

If you're a new student (or parent!) let me give you a quick tour. 

TABS ABOVE:
  • Classroom guidelines - explains expectations, rules, required materials and missing / late policies.
  • Interactive Notebooks - we do notes and assignments in class a bit differently than you may be used to. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A NOTEBOOK IN CLASS AND IT IS ABOUT 50% OF YOU GRADE. Please familiarize yourself with the information above and ask me if there are any questions.
  • Daily Journals - all journal prompts are listed. These are (almost) daily mini-writing assignments. If you're absent or missing a journal, check there!
  • Homework assignments - any and all active or past homework assignments will be listed here. I try to keep homework to a minimum, but expect homework a couple times a month. Be aware any notebook work not finished in class is the responsibility of the student and must be completed at home. 
  • About the teacher - info about me, my degrees, and tidbits about me!
Additional information you need to know:
  • All students are required to complete a trimester project.
  • All honors students are required to also complete book project.
  • I am available everyday before school, during lunch, and after school (later than 4:00 requires appointment). ASK ME FOR HELP! I am more than willing to help you succeed! 
  • I am willing to provide "Freedom" tickets for classroom supplies such as tape, kleenex, or clorox wipes. These may be used for late assignment forgiveness, extra credit, or notebook assignment waivers.
  • Prior to test dates, I post extra credit here on the website!
If you need to contact me, please feel free! Contact info is in the course guidelines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to keep it clean and respectful!